Welcome to CARD
The Council for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) assists the Royal Government of Cambodia with coordination and leadership of agricultural and rural development. These sectors are vital for the economic development of Cambodia and central to national poverty reduction strategies.
To support the most effective response to Cambodia’s current challenges CARD work is focused on four priority strategies:
Security and Social Protection
adding through agricultural productivity, diversification &
non-agricultural rural private enterprise
- Integrated rural development programming & community-based approaches
- Involvement of civil society, private sector & development partners in rural development
- Promote the importance of food security,
- Identify and promote key factors that improve agricultural productivity through farming practices which lead to surplus food for export,
- Monitor program activities for rehabilitation and development of agricultural and rural development ,
- Promote and coordinate the participation of rural people in these programs,
- Facilitate and encourage the cooperation and involvement of NGOs, international organizations and the private sector.
To achieve the best possible outcomes CARD cooperates closely with six ministries involved in rural economic and social development. These are the Ministries of…
Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries
Public Works & Transport
Water Resources &Meteorology
CARDiG provides an information gateway providing one-stop-shop access to information on the work of cooperating ministries and progress in the agriculture and rural development sectors.
Message from the Chairman
Read more … Message from the Chairman
came to globalization era, both regionally and internationally,
following the essential phases of difficult and complex rehabilitation